Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Short Film

Here are thumbnails for a short film I’m working on. I think Steve will consider this in the “artsy nonsensical” category. It’s still in the early stages and these quick sketches are how I’m trying to get as much imagery out as possible. These don’t necessarily make sense nor will they actually be used in the final film but it’s a form of “free writing”.

Like I said it’s still in the beginning stages and I don’t have a clear idea of where it is going as of yet. I do know that the piece will center around alcoholism and I want to have a really rough style. I want to show some paint textures but as I’m doing these other ideas are coming to my head and that might change. I’d like to keep it under a minute. I think that will be a good challenge to be able to tell a “story” in such a short time.








2 comments:

  1. I'm REALLY pumped on this. Any kind of animation that is experimental, even ever-so-slightly will always grab me. Woudl this be done by hand with minimal computer support (except for pencil tests)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the goal is to animate everything by hand. I'm going to try to use the computer just to edit it all together.

    It'll all depend when the film starts to come together.

    ReplyDelete